How to hang a shelf step by step
there are lots of different shelving systems on the market and here is just
some of many ways of hanging them.The process is the same.
- power drill
- Tape measure
- Spirit level
- wall plugs
- First decide where your shelves are going and using a spirit level ,draw a vertical Line across the wall.
- Hold the first bracket up to its mark and with a bradawl mark the walls through the top hole in the bracket
- Drill the hole and insert the wall plug, then drive the fixing screw in part way so that the bracket hangs loosely
- Now mark the position at the other fixing hole on the wall ,swing the bracket aside so you can drill a hole on the mark and insert another wall plug, then drive in the fixing screw and tighten the first screw.
- Attach the loose bracket at the shelf and place the shelf into the first bracket
- place the spirit level on the shelf and check it is horizontal then mark the fixing holes of the last bracket.
- Drill the holes and insert the wall plugs
- With the shelf in position, screw the bracket in place