How to fit a roller blind
- Tape measure
- Power drill with masonry bits
- Roller blind with fixings
- Measure the width required. Some blinds can be cut to fit (check the manufacturer’s instructions). Mark the positions for the brackets in the corners of the window. Fit the bracket for the blind control on the side from which you want to operate the blind. Use a bradawl to make starting holes, then drill and plug the wall and screw the brackets into place, checking they are level.
- Hit the side control into the end of the blind, then fit the dummy pin into the other end. Push it into place by pressing against a hard surface or by gently tapping with a hammer.
- Slot the blind into the fixing brackets. Ensure the cords are hanging downwards.
- Operate the blind to ascertain the correct length for the cord. Cut the cords, and fit a cord pull to each one.